All it takes is 10 mindful minutes

We’re launching a new program here at the Alumni Association, so the work environment has been pretty hairy of late, hence, no posts in two months.

I finally took the time out to watch a less than 10 minute video about taking 10 mindful minutes. It’s amusing how it sometimes we can put off something that takes so little time. I think it’s been an open tab in my Chrome browser for about two weeks now, and I decided to carve out part of my lunch break for it today.

Andy Puddicombe: All it takes is 10 mindful minutes

I’ve been seeking a good meditation class recently, since I have been thinking a lot about the idea of being fully present in my daily life. His juggling analogies help visualize the kind of order that level of concentration can bring to the mind.

One Response to “All it takes is 10 mindful minutes”

1. Leslie Says:

Funny. I had the same reaction to this video when it was sent to my inbox originally. I even launched it and got about 15 seconds in and couldn’t finish. I remember laughing out loud to myself about how ironic it was that I “couldn’t find the time.” Thanks for the inspiration to take the time now. (New thought: the one second a day reflection — http://www.ted.com/talks/cesar_kuriyama_one_second_every_day.html.)